27.1.10

on my bedside table...

not much to report on the creative front for this week.  i did have a go at using the hand painted fabric i made - turning it into a little row of houses, which was going ok, that was until i decided to go crazy with a tube of white paint over the top and then it all went awry... the white paint took on the colour of the paint underneath and now it looks rather tacky... soooo i think i'll write this one off as a test/play/learning piece...
i am also supposed to be working on my business plan, (CERT IV Business and management) and inputting data to MYOB as well, so the next few nights will consist purely of business i'm afraid.  but - to keep my creative ideas flowing, i have some new books.  here's a peek at my bedside table...

i'm nearly finished these two - and am loving the ideas in finding your visual voice.  it has given me olts of things to think about, and reminded me of so much that i learnt through art history many years ago at high school... connecting art to stitch has whetted my appetite to further explore the use of fabric in my art - yum!
this one just came today and i am very keen to sink my teeth into some of these ideas.  just look at that scrumptious colourful front page!  just awaiting my wood burning tool kit in the mail...



and lastly, for something a little different - reading lolita in tehran.  i've only read about the first 6 chapters, but it's shaping up to be a very interesting read.  mmmm, so much to do, and so little time.  I'd better go.  so - what are you reading at the moment?  please share any interesting titles, i'm always on the lookout for something new!
x donna

1 comment:

  1. I really like the look of those houses, especially the swirls.

    ReplyDelete