28.7.09

a few lovelies...

hi everyone! hope you're having great weeks o far. i managed to get some precious time in the studio on the weekend and finished off a few more paintings - 8 actually - yay! so here's a few of my favourites to share... this one - titled 'cherish' sat half-finished on my desk for at least 6 weeks i reckon - and i was beginning to feel that it was forever stuck in the ugly stage. it was only when i resigned myself to putting it in the bin that i threw caution to the wind and got out my watersoluble crayons and attacked it with fury! the result was something i was pleasantly surprised by and now - well what can i say - it's a keeper!
live the life you've imagined - from one of my favourite quotes

and a lovely friendship one - forever friends.
thanks for stopping by, x me




2 comments:

  1. Trovo i tuoi quadri veramente molto belli ed ispirati, mi piacerebbe molto sapere come fai a dare l'effetto degli strati di tessuto sullo sfondo.
    Complimenti!
    Beatrice
    Se vuoi puo anche rispondermi sul mio blog http://ricciolocreativo.blogspot.com/
    Ciao a presto

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving your work! mel sent me your way a while a go...saw some you had for sale on FB too :-). All inspired to do some canvasses tonight!

    ReplyDelete