11.5.10

Paying it Forward...

A heartfelt thankyou goes out to the lovely Oonagh from CeltoiCroi who nominated me for this blog award.  There's my blue again!)  Go and check out her blog - she has the most beautiful, intricately burnt designs onto wood.   I would so love to have one of them in my house, especially the tree of life! 

And so now it is my turn to pay it forward to three lovely bloggers, so here goes...

Tracey of  'i close my eyes in order to see' is an absolute powerhouse.  If she's not sewing then she's scrapping, or teaching, or helpin gout down at the kids' school or fundraising or something.  The girl is a super-mum!  So check out her lovely things for sale here - especially those wrist bags, love 'em!

Jo Luscombe, of HOTSILVER is sooo HOT!  Yes, I am proud to say that this hottie is a friend of mine and an awesome silversmith artist to boot (amongst other talents as well - music, painting, house building, stained glass, murals... rennaisance woman i tell ya)  But if you'd like an original gift for a friend or a treat for yourself, go and have a look-see at her beautiful creations here on her site  

Last but certainly not least, I'd like to do a shout-out to the queen of clusters (the scrapbooking kind that is!) Poppysmum...  What can I say - every time i look at her scrapping, I just want to scraplift them all.  She has a great eye for design, colour and layout, and although she reckons it's all just pushin' paper around, she does it oh so very well!  Thanks Mel!  So go over to Blooming Poppy for a look and a scrap lift or two :)

Well folks, that's it for now.  I've just finished reading the War of Art by Steven Pressfield ( the Legend of Bagger Vance) and for any artists out there I thoroughly recommend it - absolutely!  As a matter of fact, I think I'll add a few more quotes to some up and coming posts.  I've said it before, but I have to say it again, he's really very kick-ass.  If you are resisting doing the very thing you want to do, the thing that your heart is aching to do but for some reason you are putting it off, then read his book.  It's for you !

On that note, I'll go and get stuck into my new book...  The Divided Heart by Rachel Power, which is already shapin gup to be a fabulous book.  More on that later too...

Good night all, x me

1 comment:

  1. awwwwwwww thanks Don..you are a sweetheart! I wonder if anyone even reads my blog anymore LOL!!!
    Please Please Please message me your addy on FB I still have some GORGEOUS japanese papers that are calling your name!
    XX

    ReplyDelete