26.9.08

Taking Flight

Recieved my copy of the most gorgeous, amazing book "Taking Flight" by Kelly Rae Roberts. So inspiring and exactly what I need right now. Had a go at her technique for this cj swap but didn't have some of the oil paints for the face so it looks really daggy, I know. But I guess, the only way is up. I want to stay with these techniques and see if I can develop them. I have some paint stiks coming on order, so really looking forward to those.

I just have this insatiable need to create - to paint and do more... Hmm Still just having to grab snippets of time here and there. Moments of inspiration. I'd LOVE LOVE to go on an art camp/retreat and just create and paint and learn for a few days, now that would be a real treat for the soul! Here's another great quote - from the book...

If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise. Robert Fritz

Thanks for popping in to my piece of cyber space, X Me.

2 comments:

  1. this is a gorgeous pice donski ..love what your doing !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so that heart ...aint it gorgeous
    i truely think its one of my best pieces..so anyway ..it tool bugger all time .i grabbed my canvas..rough drwe the heart ,then got scrunched up red tissue paper and stuck it on with my faithful helamr glue...bit if texture paste around the edge and leave to dry..out come the paints red,silver,pink yellow and orange yummy ,the letters and then DM to glaze it all..butterflies to finish off...i love it soooooooooooooo much ..its a pressy for a special soul .:)

    ReplyDelete